DHIV4100: Diploma in HIV/AIDS Management
This is a one and half year course. At the end of the course the trainee should;
- Understand the role of HIV/AIDS in the development of the organizations goals.
- Understand the legal provisions that governHIV/AIDS management.
- Demonstrate competencies in prevention, management, care and support of HIV/AIDS patients.
- Appreciate the role of networking and partnership in the prevention, the fight, management, care and support of HIV/AIDS.
- Understand global trends inHIV/AIDS and situations.
- Demonstrate high competence in application of appropriate knowledge and skills in the management and control of HIV/AIDS.
- Demonstrate understanding of innovative ways of being self reliant.
- Apply life skills and behaviour change and communication knowledge in enhancing positive attitudes and prevention measures towards HIV/AIDS and other pandemics in the society.
DHIV 4101: Introduction to HIV/AIDS
DHIV 4102: Counselling
DHIV 4103: Biology of HIV/AIDS
DHIV 4104: HIV/AIDS management
DHIV 4105: Entrepreneurship
DHIV 4106: Communication skills
DHIV 4107: Information Communication Technology
DHIV 4108: Healthcare waste management
DHIV 4109: Training of Trainers
DHIV 4110: Life skills and Behaviour Change and Communication
DHIV 4111: Home Based Care
DHIV 4112: Community Mobilization
DHIV 4113: Nutrition
DHIV 4114: Research methods
DHIV 4115: Prevention and control of HIV/AIDS.
DHIV 4116: Biostatistics
DHIV 4117: Legal and ethical issues in HIV/AIDS
DHIV 4118: Principles of management
DHIV 4119: Resource mobilization and Fundraising
DHIV 4120: Networking and partnership
DHIV 4121: Social advocacy and lobbying skills
DHIV 4122: Monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS programmes
DHIV 4123: Project
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C- or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
- Certificate in Community development, Social development, Social work, Community Health, Counseling and Psychology.
- Course open to Beginners, Development workers, Social workers, Project managers and Fresh students