CHIV600: Certificate in HIV/AIDS Management
This is a one year course. At the end of the course the trainee should;
- Understand the role of HIV/AIDS in the development of the organizations goals.
- Understand the legal provisions that govern HIV/AIDS management.
- Demonstrate competencies in prevention, management, care and support of HIV/AIDS patients.
- Appreciate the role of networking and partnership in the prevention, the fight, management, care and support of HIV/AIDS.
- Understand global trends in HIV/AIDS and situations.
- Demonstrate high competence in application of appropriate knowledge and skills in the management and control of HIV/AIDS.
- Demonstrate understanding of innovative ways of being self reliant.
- Apply life skills behaviour change and communication knowledge in enhancing positive attitudes and prevention measures towards HIV/AIDS and other pandemics in the society.
CHIV 3801: Introduction to HIV/AIDS
CHIV 3802: Communication skills
CHIV 3803: Counselling
CHIV 3804: Information Communication Technology
CHIV 3805: VCT techniques
CHIV 3806: STIs and opportunistic infections
CHIV 3807: Office management
CHIV 3808: Professional ethics
CHIV 3809: Home Based Care
CHIV 3810: Nutrition
CHIV 3811: Social mobilization and marketing
CHIV 3812: Basic research
CHIV 3813: Entrepreneurship
CHIV 3814: Healthcare waste management
CHIV 3815: Project / Report
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE D+ or KCE Div. 3 or the equivalent
- Course open to Beginners, Community development workers, pastors, Welfare officers and Fresh students