MACHAKOS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT) AT A GLANCE
Machakos Institute of Technology is a fully registered Institution by Technical Vocational Education Training Authority (TVETA) Registration No (TVETA/PRIVATE/TVC/0008/2014). The Authority falls under the State Department for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) under Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
The institution is a KNEC, KASNEB, ABMA, ICDL and NITA Examination Centre. The Institute is located in Machakos town on Mbolu Malu Road, in Kinyali House. The Institute has been, and continues to be a center of excellence in south eastern region and a focus of research activity extending the boundaries of knowledge, a resource for professional development, and a key player in the growing global network of scholarship.
The Institute offers Short, Artisan, Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses in the following schools:
- The School of Social Work and Community Development,
- The school of Counseling and Psychology,
- The School of Business Education,
- The School of Computing and information technology,
- The School of Applied and health sciences,
- The School of Accounts and Finance,
- The School of Hospitality Management,
- The School of Information Science,
- The School of Engineering and
- The School of Hairdressing and beauty therapy
The Institute runs consultancy services in all its schools. There has been great expansion in primary and secondary education over the years without a corresponding increase in mid- level training colleges and universities. This has led to the inability of majority of KCSE school leavers to access training, leading to a huge training gap. Inadequate skills at the middle level are harmful to the industry and society since the technological gap prevents it from social-economic advancement. Machakos Institute of Technology comes in to specifically address these skill gaps in order to spur the country towards attaining its vision of industrialization by 2030.